Safety Protocol During the time of COVID19
Many folks have asked me “if” and ‘how” showing homes can safely happen during this challenging time. I have implemented the following protocol to keep myself and my clients safe.
• If you would like to get a price opinion on your home there are several options available to you. I could use current technology to virtually walk through together (such as Facetime, Zoom or Google Chat). I would then put together a market analysis which we could review.
• If you decide to list your home, all paperwork is able to be reviewed by teleconference (or in person, outside) with home owner wearing a face covering 6+ feet apart. All paperwork can be signed electronically or a paper version can be dropped off for a homeowner to review.
• I could set up a virtual “staging consult” of your home.
• Photographer and virtual Matterport “walking tour” would be filmed in person by my photographer. I would ask that any homeowner vacate for this appointment which typically runs about 2-3 hours
• I would strategize to create a marketing plan that is specific to your home. Safety will be the #1 priority. My job is to get you the highest price and best terms. Each home will have an individualized marketing plan to highlight their unique characteristics.
• I would provide individual brown bags at the entrance of your home. Each bag would include a single sanitizer wipe, pair of gloves and shoe covering.
• All agents would wear a mask or face covering.
• All agents would use NEW gloves to open up the lockbox and then bring their gloves, brown bag etc. with them to dispose of off site.
• Any exclusive use areas specific (if condominium vs. single family or two family home, also basement and exterior) would be clearly labeled, no one would be “roaming around” in the basement
• When at all possibly (most of the time) I would arrive early, get lights on, open up the house. After each showing I could wipe all knobs, the lockbox etc. with bleach wipes after shutting off all lights.
• Any buyer that would like to schedule a showing would be required to view the “virtual walking tour” ahead of time, this way only truly serious buyers would tour your home.
• All applicable documentation, including service providers, average monthly bills, budget, insurance info etc. would be attached to MLS. I would request that all buyer agents review this information prior to booking an appointment.
• If needed, I could assist in making arrangements for a home seller to stay in a short term rental if necessary.
• All offers/contracts could be reviewed & or signed electronically and reviewed by teleconference or zoom meeting if preferred.
• The majority of time earnest money deposits can be wired to the escrow company. I would be happy to reimburse folks for this financial inconvenience (typically $15)